Note: first batch sold out! Pre-orders will ship mid January 2020. Batch 2 will have a new discrete logo on the front of the cover.
One of our first collaborations with Nanala Designs, this is the ultimate Notebook Cover system for discerning nomads.
These covers are entirely handmade and hand finished for us in the Okayama Prefecture in Japan from the highest quality locally-sourced vegetable-tanned leather, which looks, smells and feels amazing!
Read our Blog article for full details on this project.
Design Brief Summary:
- Handcrafted in Japan: after working for the past four years with Japanese craftsmen, we find it hard to work with Western ones, with a few exceptions.
- Made of high quality leather. Nanala use the same Himeji leather as for the TN insert. This very high quality material is strong and supple, but robust and has an interesting lightly textured finish which gives it an organic feel.
- Very practical without being over-the-top (i.e. sufficient pockets & slots).
- Simple to use. We decided that the notebook had to allow the user to add or subtract refills easily, we specified the use of a robust elastic for this attached through discreet brass eyelets for better wear resistance. The cover will easily take 3 notebook refills and probably more if you add elastics.
- Compatible with regular TN refills, but slightly larger (we find them a bit too narrow). The cover is the same height (220mm) but slightly wider (145mm closed), we will be offering our own range of notebook inserts and specialised refills in 2020. Yubokumin will take Jibun Techo planner refills.
- Refined but simple finish (rounded corners, neat detailing, etc.).
- A simple system to keep it closed but easy to open (not fiddly). One of Nanala’s most iconic creations is the handmade leather concho based on the sunflower motif. Entirely handmade from leather and brass, these beautiful conchos make it easy to attach or remove the outer elastic band, which keeps the cover closed. The elastic is not attached to the cover, to avoid it getting in the way when the cover lies flat. We recommend attaching it vertically. A concho is included with every Yubokumin, please check the separate product listing to choose a colour and leave us a note when you check out (don't check out the concho!).
- Materials: vegetable-tanned leather, (Himeji), metal.
- Storage: 1 closed full height pocket, 6 card slots, 2 full-height ticket pockets
- Nanala hand stamped logo on the rear
- Concho + 2 elastics included
- Cotton dust pouch
- Nomado Store "Lucky Turtle" logo
- Will fit regular size Traveler's Notebook refills (2-4) & Jibun Techo
- Elastic binding attachment
- Brass eyelets for main elastic
- Handmade in Japan
- Dimensions (closed.): 220 x 145mm
- Available in natural or black (outside) with natural leather interior.
Note: the natural leather is untreated and undyed, we recommend giving it a thin coat of Smith's Leather Balm before use if you wish to avoid staining. Don't bother if you want it to acquire as much character as possible though!
INCL.VAT price includes 21% VAT for orders shipping to the European Union.