A rugged but compact satchel (perfectly sized in our opinion).
Constructed with durable waxed canvas and finished with brown vegetable tanned leather, the Finch Satchel is a blank slate waiting to be marked with the adventures and stories of use. It is the last messenger bag you will need. Throw it across your body and go. The Finch's simple shape will hold most of your daily needs and includes two interior pockets for organizing the little things like pens and pencils, lip balm, keys, wallet, &c. Two additional small pockets are situated on the outside for easy access to additional small needs. The flap covers the satchel for daily use, but for those city dwellers, travelers and those others wanting some more security, the satchel closes with a detachable vintage zipper that tucks in neatly when undesired.
Waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
This satchel was built to endure. Load it up, bring it everywhere.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Adjustable and detachable leather strap
- Leather handles and strap from vegetable-tanned leather
- Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag
- Vintage zipper colour varies from bag to bag
- Zipper separates and tucks inside bag when not in use
- Brass rivets and button studs
- 2 exterior and 2 interior pockets
- 7 canvas colours available
- Minimally packaged with a letterpressed tag and string
Approximately 1 lb. 4 oz.
Inches: 8.75″ tall by 12″ wide by 3.75″ deep
Metric: 22.2 cm tall by 30.5 cm wide by 9.5 cm deep
Inches: Approximately 50″ long; 21″ shoulder drop
Metric: Approximately 127 cm long; 53.3 cm shoulder drop
Inches: Two 3.5″ wide by 4.75″ tall
Metric: Two 8.9 cm wide by 12.1 cm tall
Inches: Two 5.75″ wide by 6″ tall
Metric: Two 14.6 cm by 15.2 cm tall
INCL.VAT price includes European VAT for orders shipping to the European Union.