Peg & Awl The Scout Plein Air Box (Maple) SPECIAL ORDER
Note: 2 versions available, oil painting or watercolour.
Estimated delivery date: 3-4 weeks after order.
The Scout Plein Air Box was inspired by Peg & Awl's endeavour to make art every day.
This pochade box compactly secures all of your essential art supplies for painting outdoors. Fill your box with your favourite colours, paintbrushes, and sketchbook. Find your spot and quickly transform the box into a mini studio. Set it on a flat surface or mount it on a tripod, snap the liquid jars, brush holder, and easel in place, clip on your canvas and you are ready to paint!
When stepping outside, perspective changes and we discover unknown parts of ourselves. By making plein air painting a ritual, we are able to better consider our world and our relationship with it. We begin to observe more closely, to better see color, and to hone memory whilst striving to capture fleeting moments.
Sling your Scout Plein Air Box over your shoulder and set out on a painting adventure—you might just findsomething!
- FSC-Certified Walnut or Maple from south-eastern USA
- Vegetable-tanned leather
- Brass rivets and button studs
- Steel snaps and buckle
- 1 exterior pocket and 1 interior pocket
- 4 slots for drying canvases (4″ × 6″)
- Threaded tripod mount
Parts Included with All Options
- 1 adjustable and removable shoulder strap
- 2 magnetic drawers
- 1 wooden easel
- 2 snap-on jars (1 oz. / 30 ml)
- 1 snap-on brush holder (holds 8 brushes)
- 2 binder clips for holding the canvas
Additional Parts Included with the Oil / Acrylic Option
- 1 laminated glass palette with white bottom
- 4 Ampersand Gessobord canvas boards (4″ × 6″)
- 8 empty paint tubes (22 ml)
Additional Parts Included with the Watercolor Option
- 1 wooden watercolor palette with 12 paint wells and 1 mixing well sealed with EcoPoxy
- 4 Ampersand Aquabord canvas boards (4″ × 6″)
About the Gessobord Canvases – Ampersand’s Description
Museum Series Gessobord is the most trusted pre-gessoed wood panel by artists for their work. The superior quality acrylic gesso ground does not dull colors and the lightly sanded surface provides exceptional brush control. This makes Gessobord the perfect art panel for all painting styles with oil paints, acrylics and mixed media.
Only Ampersand uses true high-density hardboard made from US grown and renewable Aspen wood fibers. Made with Ampersand’s 1/8" True Artist Hardbord, the surface is acid-free and non-yellowing.
Replacement Parts Available
- Glass Palette
- Paint Tubes
- Brush Holder
INCL.VAT price includes 21% VAT for orders shipping to the European Union
Recently viewed products
You may also like
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
GET A 5% DISCOUNT OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER!
Keep informed of new products & exclusive promotions.