A limited edition Nomado Store 5th Anniversary version of the custom made Superior Labor Group Bag that was originally exclusively available to members of the Facebook The Superior Labor Fan Group. Read about the project here.
The original bag was designed by Makoto Kawai, based on specifications we collected from TSL Fans.
The 5th Anniversary version is available in stone (a tasteful light beige with a slight grey tint) canvas and dark brown tochigi leather.
Designer Makoto Kawai kept the bag visually similar to the classic Engineer Bag style but built in all of the refinements that the group members asked for, including:
- inner bottle holder
- inner key holder (brass clip)
- large inner pocket (almost full length) with smaller outer compartments and 1 large zipped one (4 pockets in total)
- larger outside leather pocket separated into 1 large and 1 smaller compartment
- exclusive leather "Anniversary" patch on the rear.
- lighter weight, weather-resistant Japanese "paraffin" canvas (very high quality) from Okayama
- leather bottom - increases durability
- removable, adjustable shoulder strap with pad for comfort
- Nomado Store "lucky turtle" brass badge
Note: these refinements really make this bag unique, more sophisticated than the regular Engineer Bags and more labour-intensive to produce.
- canvas: paraffin canvas by TSL's usual Okayama-based supplier. A thinner gauge canvas than the one used for the standard Engineer Bags, the cotton is lightly paraffin-treated (no weird smell or other issues). TSL paraffin cotton is a big favourite of ours, it is strong but lighter than the usual one and adds weather resistance.
- leather : leather bottom, patch, strap, outer pocket, handles, key holder. TSL use an extremely high quality full grain Japanese vegetable – tanned leather (slowly and carefully tanned with mimosa extract) from the prestigious Tochigi tannery, which is tough but supple, keeping the bag lightweight but very durable.
- brass : all metallic fixtures including the metal badge are solid brass produced by a small workshop that has been working with TSL for years and producing all of their brass accessories.
- Strap length : min. 66cm – max. 86cm
- Bag dimensions : L 31/45 (base/top) x H 27 x W 17 cm
- Weight: approx. 900 gr., strap included
- Removable leather strap with shoulder pad
- Inside bottle holder
- Inside brass key holder on leather strap
- Leather bottom
- 4 inside pockets: 2 small, 1 zipped, 1 open
- Extra wide outside leather pocket with 2 compartments
- Weather proof Japanese pure cotton paraffin canvas
- Handmade in Japan by The Superior Labor
INCL.VAT price includes European VAT for orders shipping to the European Union.